Notice to Authors and Readers
Notice to Authors and Readers
Notice to Authors
- The Educational Council on Indic Traditions (ECIT) will gladly accept for review essays concerning India and the Indic Traditions. Please email essays as MSWord file attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. The name of the author must be included with the submission, along with an appropriate title for the essay. Authors may include their title with their names when appropriate.
- ECIT is under no obligation to post submitted essays.
- ECIT makes an effort to post essays quickly and rapidly on its web site. It is not responsible for any errors, omissions or delays that might occur.
- Essays are reviewed without regard to the authors’ age, gender, race, religion, caste, class, lifestyle preference, or nationality.
- No materials will be accepted that (1) contain expressions of bigotry, racism, or hatred based on age, gender, race, religion, caste, class, lifestyle preference, and nationality, that (2) defames, abuses, or threatens others, that (3) that advocates illegal activity, or that (4) contains obscene content.
- ECIT assumes that all submitted material is, if copyrighted, registered in the name of the author; by submitting an essay, ECIT is granted non-exclusive rights to post it on its web site. In the any case where the submitter is not the author and/or copyright owner, any material protected by trademark, service mark, patent or copyright registration may not be submitted without the express permission of the author or owner of the copyright on that material.
- In the event that ECIT receives a complaint that the contents posted on its web site infringe intellectual property rights or are otherwise unlawful, ECIT shall request written substantiation of the complaint from the complaining party. As such, ECIT will require substantiation of proof of ownership in the form of a trademark, service mark, patent or copyright registration and will take such steps that it believes to be appropriate under the circumstances.
- ECIT reserves the right to suspend, reorganize or remove content from its web site at any time and without notice.
- ECIT reserves the right to amend or change these guidelines at any time and without notice
Notice to Readers
- Essays by authors are posted for the sake of informing interested reader about various facts, perspectives and opinions with regard to the Indic traditions. ECIT seeks to make available a wide spectrum of opinions and perspectives, and does not necessarily verify the accuracy of the material posted, or agree with the opinions expressed. Opinions expressed are the views of the authors and are not necessarily the view of ECIT or its affiliates.
- ECIT is not liable for any losses or damages arising from the use of the content or services provided by ECIT.
- Copyrights for all essays are, unless otherwise noted, the property of the authors of the essays. No essay may be transmitted or distributed by others in any manner whatsoever without the permission of the author. The author is solely responsible for the contents of his or her work.
- ECIT welcome constructive criticism and helpful suggestions, regarding either the web site or its content. Comments should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Comments from the reader and all other unsolicited material are assumed intended for publication and are subject to editorial review and acceptance. Such information shall be deemed to be nonconfidential and ECIT shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information to others without limitation; ECIT reserves the right to edit or remove comments that contain personal abuse, gratuitous obscenities or other forms of offensive speech.
Copyright 2001, Educational Council on Indic Traditions 53 White Oak Drive, Princeton, NJ 08540
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced without written permission from the publisher.